So, when you’re slicing up your Christmas cake to share with your family, you may want to include Fido in the pudding party. So, here’s how to make a dog-friendly Christmas cake they can enjoy alongside the table…
Dog Christmas Cake
You will need:
For the cake
- 1 cup of turkey mince
- 1 peeled banana
- 4 eggs
- ⅝ cup of oatmeal
- ⅝ cup of almond flour
- ⅝ cup of coconut flour
- ⅔ cup of shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup of fresh cranberries
For the frosting
- Preheat your oven to 320°F.
- Then, let’s make the frosting. Mix your cream cheese and coconut flour together in a bowl well and then pop it, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Now for the cake! Place all the cake ingredients in a food processor and mix them together.
- Then, line your cake tin with baking paper and fill the tin with your cake mixture.
- Place the tin in the oven for 20-25 minutes. You can check it’s ready by pressing down lightly on the surface and it should spring back. Leave the cake to properly cool.
- Once the cake is cooled, you can dress the body of the cake with the frosting you pre-made that’s sitting in the fridge. Smooth it over the cake with a spatula however you wish.
- Then, you can sprinkle the desiccated coconut (or “snow!”) over the frosting.
- You may wish to get a bit more experimental with your decorations! Just make sure whatever you create to spruce up the appearance of your dog Christmas cake doesn’t contain any ingredients that are toxic to dogs. There’s a handy list of known foods that are poisonous to dogs below!
- Then, slice your pup a serving of their doggy Christmas cake!
Happy Holidays to all our PetLab Co. customers and their furry friends!
“Healthy Snowman Christmas Cake” Canine Compilation, 10 Nov. 2020 https://caninecompilation.com/snowman-christmas-cake-for-dogs/